Is there anything better than a scoop of homemade ice cream or sorbet on a summer’s day? What about a scoop of homemade, Adelbert’s Naked Nun infused sorbet? We love this recipe for its simplicity — both in its preparation (Only three ingredients! No ice cream maker needed!) and flavors. This is a refreshing treat for the end of a long summer day spent with good friends and good drinks.
About the Brew
Naked Nun is the quintessential summer wit. It is refreshing and soft, with balanced hints of bitter orange peel and aromatic coriander, citrus, apple and clove. It finishes dry and clean making it perfect to pair with lighter summer fare like baked salmon or grilled chicken. It is also a seven time award winning beer, so no matter what you pair it with or if you just enjoy it on it’s own, you know you’ll have a great drink.
Naked Nun + Orange Sorbet
This bright, refreshing beer already has citrusy notes so it only makes sense to not just pair it with orange sorbet, but use it in the base to give this dish a more complex flavor profile. This adult-take on orange sorbet gives it layers of flavor without compromising the integrity of the dish.
Ingredients and Shopping List
- 3 cups orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 pack or more of Adelbert’s Naked Nun
- Food Processor
*Find Adelbert’s Naked Nun at your local HEB, Central Market, Whole Foods or visit our taproom and pick up what you need.
How to Make Naked Nun Orange Sorbet
- Combine 1 cup Naked Nun and sugar in a small pot and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 3-5 minutes stirring constantly, until the sugar has dissolved, and the liquid has reduced by half.
- Add orange juice and transfer to a freezer proof container. Freeze overnight or until set.
- Break up the frozen mixture with a spoon and out in food processor. Blend until smooth, and return to container, freezing for one hour or until firm.
Serve a big scoop with a can of Naked Nun