Summer time and the living’s easy, which means you’re looking for a refreshing, easy to drink beer and a dinner with minimal clean-up. This week we’re pairing our summery Lemon Rye Mosaic Pale with Citrus Chicken Wings, so you can enjoy the long days doing what you love — conversing with good beer and even better friends.
This recipe can be made with some simple, tasty ingredients you probably already have at home, and because you line the pan with foil clean up takes seconds. Make this dish for your next weeknight dinner or share it with friends, because Citrus Chicken Wings paired with Lemon Rye Mosaic Pale is a crowd pleaser. Read on to get the full recipe!
About the Brew
Lemon Rye is a citrusy beer as the name suggests but, it’s more than just one note. This mosaic pale ale is subtle and made with lemon peel and rye and then hopped with plenty of Mosaic hops. This creates a highly drinkable ale that’s got hints of citrus, earthy pine, tropical fruit. Enjoy this beer straight from the can or a Belgian tulip glass.
Lemon Rye Mosaic Pale + Citrus Chicken Wings
Chicken Wings are a summer staple, and this zesty update on the classic will have everyone going back for seconds, and even thirds. Lemon Rye is used in the marinade, along with fresh orange and lemon juice, to bring out the citrus flavors in both the meal and beer.
Ingredients and Shopping List
- ½ can of Lemon Rye*
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 orange
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp. finely chopped garlic
- 2 tsp. finely chopped ginger
- 3 lbs. chicken wings
- 2 tbsp. chopped green onion
- Non-stick baking spray
- Aluminum foil
*Find Adelbert’s Lemon Rye Mosaic Pale at your local HEB, Central Market, Whole Foods or visit our taproom and pick up what you need.
How to Make Citrus Chicken Wings
- Combine marinade ingredients with chicken in a gallon-sized resealable bag. Refrigerate for 2-24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Heat over to 350°F. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and non-stick baking spray. Place chicken in a single layer and bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Set marinade aside.
- Increase temperature to 425°F. Drain accumulated juices and turn chicken, baking an additional 10-15 minutes or until chicken is golden brown.
- In the meantime, pour the marinade into saucepan. Bring to a boil, then simmer uncovered over medium heat 15-25 minutes, whisking constantly, until the mixture is reduced to about 1/3 cup and slightly thickened.
- Place cooked chicken in large bowl, adding marinade and mixing until coated. Sprinkle with green onions and serve with a cool can of Lemon Rye.
- Share your photos or video with us using #SavorYourSummer and tell us what you think!